Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to our forum! Before posting your questions, please read the following terms:

1. 1. Forum questions will be responded to by InfantRisk staff as schedules permit during normal business hours.
  2. 2. This forum is not intended for emergencies or urgent care. For any immediate medical concerns, please seek appropriate medical attention.
  3. 3. Any statements made by team members should be discussed with your medical care team. Your healthcare providers know you (and your baby) best, and should have a better understanding of your unique situation.
  4. 4. We are a small team dedicated to helping you as best as we can. However, for the quickest response, we recommend calling the InfantRisk Center at +1(806) 352-2519.

By posting to the forums, you acknowledge and agree to these terms.

The InfantRisk team

Iodoform Gauze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iodoform Gauze

This gauze was used to pack 2 breast abscess wounds that were surgically drained last Wednesday (and then repacked daily Th-Sat). After noticing its chemical smell, I began to question its safety for breastfeeding. Is this product compatible with breastfeeding? I repacked w regular gauze and saline last night, and I'm pumping and holding the milk with a question mark until I learn whether or not it's safe.
    Thank you.

SBC77,

We do not recommend using the breast milk that was pumped from the breast with the Idoform gauze packing as it contains iodine. You may use the milk from the opposite breast. The milk can be used with saline and and regular gauze.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center
    806-352-2519

Comment

Working...
    X