Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to our forum! Before posting your questions, please read the following terms:

1. 1. Forum questions will be responded to by InfantRisk staff as schedules permit during normal business hours.
  2. 2. This forum is not intended for emergencies or urgent care. For any immediate medical concerns, please seek appropriate medical attention.
  3. 3. Any statements made by team members should be discussed with your medical care team. Your healthcare providers know you (and your baby) best, and should have a better understanding of your unique situation.
  4. 4. We are a small team dedicated to helping you as best as we can. However, for the quickest response, we recommend calling the InfantRisk Center at +1(806) 352-2519.

By posting to the forums, you acknowledge and agree to these terms.

The InfantRisk team

DaTScan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaTScan

Hello, I am posting again on a patient needing to have a DaTScan. She will be given 185 MBA (5mCi) in 2.5ml at a concentration of 74 MBA/ml (2 mCi/ml) of ioflupane I 123 for the scan. Can you advise on the clearance timing at this dose and instruction on milk procedure post pump? Thank you! Ame Odom

This is the high end of the ioflupane I-123 dose. Will she also be getting the pretreatment with potassium iodine? Those doses can be massive--I don't have data on how long it takes to get serum levels down when they use 100 mg equivalent of iodide (400 mg of potassium perchlorate). I would wait at least 4 days to return to breastfeeding and watch for transient infant thyroid suppression (ex: jaundice, poor feeding, constipation).

As a side note, if the patient and provider are willing, I would be highly interested in discussing her case and the need for the DaTScan (looking at dopamine receptors in the brain). Dopamine regulates prolactin, and I've considered theories about dopamine receptor upregulation in some women but didn't have access to DaTScans! Please have them reach out to [email]contact@infantrisk.com[/email]!

Dr. Krutsch

Comment

Thank you Dr. Krutsch! This is super helpful, I will certainly forward your name and email to her. There was no mention of a pre-dose or pre-treatment with potassium iodine.

Comment

Working...
      X